Editor's Note

The FOI Advocate is a compendium of ideas, edited story excerpts and other materials from a variety of Web sites, as well as original concepts and analysis. When the information comes directly from another source, it will be attributed and a link will be provided whenever possible. The blog relies on the accuracy and integrity of the original sources cited. We will correct errors and inaccuracies when we become aware of them.

Thursday, July 02, 2009

N.C. lobbyists argue against creating an open government unit

The North Carolina House Finance Committee heard arguments on a bill that would create an open government unit with the Department of Justice, the AP reported. The department would issue advisory opinions and provide mediation services. However, Paul Meyer with the North Carolina League of Municipalities says the unit could slow down information access because the more than 1,500 state and local government agencies would feel forced to ask the open government unit for an opinion rather than their own attorneys.
City and county lobbyists argued Wednesday that a proposal to create a new state office to handle open government disputes and a change in how legal fees are awarded could delay further the release of documents.

The "Open Government Unit" with the Department of Justice would issue advisory opinions about public records questions and attempt to work out public records and open meeting issues without going to court.

The bill, heard but not voted on by the House Finance Committee, also attempts to make it easier for news media outlets and individuals suing in public records lawsuits to collect attorney fees if the documents are released.

More here.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

how to hack a facebook account - Hack MySpace for FREE

how to hack into someones Yahoo

how to hack into someones Hotmail

Anonymous said...

Hi, cool post. I have been thinking about this issue,so thanks for sharing. I will definitely be coming back to your posts. Keep up great writing

how to hack a facebook account

how to hack into someones Yahoo

hack Gmail passwords

Anonymous said...

hack facebook password - Hack Lycos for FREE

hack MSN passwords

hack facebook

Anonymous said...

http://www.activehacker.org/free-download-hack-hotmail-password-hack-it-your-self-v12-4-7721.php is excellent about how to hack hotmail passwords! Great ! I will gladly give ActiveHackers.com my business in the future as well as tell others about their service. I was afraid the entire time that this was a scam, but right now I'm very satisfied with their help. I've not ever used how to hack someones hotmail account, but I read somewhere on the internet about ActiveHackers.com. I think they are $200.00. I tried them to hack into my girl hotmail password. wow, I got the password 2 days after my order. ActiveHackers.com is very useful.

BTW, I found another website that can hack into someones yahoo passwords and other one specialized in hack hotmail passwords.

Michael Bellamy, Lincoln

England

Anonymous said...

Amazing http://www.activehacker.org/how-to-hack-hotmail -password.php !!!! I am surprise how quickly these guys got how to hack a hotmail for me. I just got the hotmail password hacked in minutes after sending payment through credit card. Very impressed. You did an awesome job and so fast. Highly recommended service of hotmail hacking password. GREAT JOB!!

BTW, I found another website that can hack yahoo passwords and other one specialized in hack into hotmail passwords.

Diane Calhoun, Lincoln

England

Anonymous said...

how to hack a hotmail account Yeah eventually I got the aol password after 10 bloody days. I was told by some from their staff ? http://www.activehacker.info/how-to-hack-yahoo-password.php that they will URL anywhere from 1 to 3 days but it took them 5. customer service wes very friendly but I got 4 replies out of 5 emails I sent to them. At end of the day I am very happy and will use their hotmail password hack service again. Thanks for being very professional and fast.

BTW, I found another website that can hack yahoo passwords and other one specialized in hack into hotmail passwords.

Diane Calhoun, Lincoln

England