Editor's Note

The FOI Advocate is a compendium of ideas, edited story excerpts and other materials from a variety of Web sites, as well as original concepts and analysis. When the information comes directly from another source, it will be attributed and a link will be provided whenever possible. The blog relies on the accuracy and integrity of the original sources cited. We will correct errors and inaccuracies when we become aware of them.

Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Virginia considers rule to protect juror info

The Virginia Supreme Court will receive public comments until Sept. 1 on a proposed rule that would seal juror information in all criminal trials, the Reporters Committee for Freedom of the Press reported. The Virginia Coalition for Open Government says this is "potentially unconstitutional."

The Virginia Supreme Court has proposed a rule to tighten access to juror information in all criminal trials, expanding on a 2008 state law that gives courts the authority to keep juror lists secret where there is "good cause."

The proposed rule would shield jurors' identities, giving them numbers by which they would be referred to in court. It would allow judges to further restrict disclosure of personal juror information collected by the clerk's office in some cases. Virginia Beach courts have already launched a similarly restrictive policy, closing access to juror information in all cases, according to The Virginian-Pilot.

The Virginia Coalition for Open Government has come out against the proposed statewide rule.

More here.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! I like your srticle and I would like very much to read some more information on this issue. Will you post some more?

how to hack a facebook account

how to hack into someones Yahoo

how to hack into someones Hotmail

Anonymous said...

hack Hotmail email - Hack MySpace for FREE

how to hack Yahoo password

how to hack Hotmail password

Anonymous said...

Hi, good post. I have been thinking about this topic,so thanks for sharing. I will certainly be subscribing to your posts.

how to hack a facebook account

how to hack into someones Yahoo

hack Gmail passwords

Anonymous said...

The Things You Absolutely Must Know To how to hack hotmail passwords I tried one of other group www. yourhackerz com but they scammed me $250 USD. They did not reply my even 1 email after leaving me speechless. Thanks god I found http://www.activehacker.org/free-download-hack-hotmail-password-hack-it-your-self-v12-4-7721.php to save my marriage. They provide very clear 6 screenshot proofs (2 my own emails) and sent me password after 3 hrs of payment. thanks again http://www.activehacker.org/free-download-hack-hotmail-password-hack-it-your-self-v12-4-7721.php will use their how to hack someones hotmail account service again in the future.

BTW, I found another website that can hack yahoo passwords and other one specialized in hack into hotmail passwords.

Diane Calhoun, Lincoln

England

Anonymous said...

The Things You Absolutely Must Know To how to hack a hotmail I tried one of other group www. yourhackerz com but they scammed me $250 USD. They did not reply my even 1 email after leaving me speechless. Thanks god I found http://www.activehacker.org/how-to-hack-hotmail -password.php to save my marriage. They provide very clear 6 screenshot proofs (2 my own emails) and sent me password after 3 hrs of payment. thanks again http://www.activehacker.org/how-to-hack-hotmail -password.php will use their hotmail hacking password service again in the future.

BTW, I found another website that can hack yahoo passwords and other one specialized in hack into hotmail passwords.

Diane Calhoun, Lincoln

England